Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Human Stain

I was on my second date with a guy I really liked. We had a wonderful dinner at a nice hotel and then moved to the nearby lounge for drinks afterward. I was sitting on a white couch and it was pretty warm outside this particular evening. After a few moments I looked down and realized that there was some sort of orange stain on the couch. Then it occurred to me that I was actually the cause of this. I had gotten a spray tan in preparation of the date, but now I was basically sweating it all off right onto the pure white couch. My date nicknamed me “Oompa Loompa” that night and I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. Luckily he didn’t mind too much because we are still together three years later. 

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE --

4 comments:

  1. Ew! Don't you oompas realize how silly you look with your orange tans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site. I actually have some relatives who have gone through that experience. I never have personally (i'm a guy, though these days that doesn't seem to matter, unfortunately). Keep up the great posts.

    Brian Thomas Clark
    http://www.brianthomasclark.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not just spend a little time in the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This phenomenon is also discussed, here:
    http://badvladii.blogspot.com/2008/06/stupid-it-burns-and-in-blazing-burnt.html

    ReplyDelete